Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World



Scott Pilgrim vs. the World is a 2010 comedy directed by Edgar Wright. The movie is based on a graphic novel series of the same name. It star Michael Cera, Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Kieran Culkin. The film follows a young musician, as he falls in love with a girl and must defeat her "seven evil exes" before he can begin dating her. The film has a video game/comic book style and look to it.

This movie did really badly at the box office when it first came out which is really a shame. It is a shame because it was a very fun film to watch, at least for me. It made me laugh and the visuals really struck me. There are plenty of video game style fight sequences that will make action fans happy. I can see where some of the jokes might go over the heads of older generations but if you are under 30 this movie should make you laugh. The jokes can seem a bit juvenile but it really works in this case. It was definitely one of the funniest movies I've seen in a while.

1 comment:

  1. I really liked this movie too. I think when it came out, there were a lot of wanna-be underage superhero movies out and people missed out on this one. Other people were put off by the famous comic-turned-movie films that got a lot of hype but didn't appeal to their tastes. I agree with you, funny movie.

    ReplyDelete