Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Conan O'Brien Can't Stop


This 2011 documentary follows Conan O'Brien after his departure from his short stint of hosting NBC's The Tonight Show. Following his departure he is not allowed to be on TV for 6 months. Conan and his team create a live stage show called, "The Legally Prohibited from Being Funny on Television Tour". The tour would go across the entire US.

This was a very interested documentary. If you are a Conan O'Brien fan it is interesting to see what exactly happened after Conan left NBC. You get a intimate look at how Conan and his team come up with the jokes that will be used in the tour. The most interesting part about the documentary is seeing Conan nervous about how the tour will be received by critics and audiences. Off stage Conan continues cracking jokes, especially with his personal assistant. This documentary might not be interesting if you are not a Conan fan but if you are you will not be disappointed.

2 comments:

  1. Conan's Late Night was the first talk show I really got into; I remember watching it with my father, it was something we both enjoyed. I'm kind of sad that his show has been a little safer on TBS, but he still makes me laugh hard. I'd recommend you listen to the Marc Maron WTF interview he did. It's amazing to hear about his start in comedy and college life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when I saw this in the theater at Coolidge Corner, and everyone laughing when he sang the song about Brookline. I recently watched it again on Netflix, and it was still hilarious. It's also frustrating, watching how upset he is and knowing that he was totally dicked over in such an awful, public way. Long live Coco!

    ReplyDelete